Chris Kresser has us feeling pretty inspired by his arguments with Dr. Joel Kahn on why you should eat meat. Chris Kresser is globally recognised as a leader in the fields of ancestral health, Paleo nutrition, and functional and integrative medicine. Dr. Joel Kahn is one of the world’s top cardiologists and believes that plant-based nutrition is the most powerful source of preventative medicine on the planet. They battled it out for nearly 4 hours on the Joe Rogan Experience.
Chris covers topics that really cement our beliefs that eating meat is good for our health and the planet. In the podcast, he covers the following topics:
- There Are Serious Problems with Epidemiological Research
- Vegetarians and Vegans Don’t Live Longer
- Is There a Connection between Red Meat and Cancer?
- Does Saturated Fat Increase Your Blood Cholesterol?
- Where (and When) Conventional Ideas about Saturated Fat Come From
- Will Eating Animal Protein Shorten Your Lifespan?
- Did the Sugar Industry Influence How We Think about Saturated Fat?
- Red Meat and TMAO: Red Herring or Meaningful Association?
- Does Fish Increase Your Risk of Diabetes?
- Correlation Is Not Causation
- Here, We Agree: There Should Be Lots of Plants on Your Plate
- What Happens When You Give Up Nutrient-Dense Animal Protein
- Is the Carnivore Diet Healthy?
Chris has put together an abundance of additional resources to back up his statements, this can be read here.
Primal Meats’ aim is to offer you nutrient rich meat from Farms who rear their animals to high standards of welfare and manage their land in harmony with nature. We also aim to further educate our customers in holistic land management and nutrition. Our meats are perfect for those following diets based on ancestral wisdom as they are as close as possible to meats from the wild. Visit the shop here.
Watch the podcast yourself here and let us know what you think!